(Photo Illustration) A student drives her car while talking to someone on the phone. This violates Kelsey’s Law which prohibits drivers from using their cell phone while driving.
Scholarship rewards $5,000 to high school students for bringing awareness to distracted teen driving
Sophia Wrzesinski and Flora Harper March 21, 2024

The Kelsey’s Law scholarship is open for submissions until Mar. 31. Hosted by the Michigan Auto Law, the scholarship awards a total of $5,000...

What are Your Spring Break Plans?
What are Your Spring Break Plans?
Isaac Atkinson and Stan Thomas March 21, 2024

Red Cross Supervisor Cindy Vandermeer prepares Teya Dawson for her blood donation. Dawson was a first-time donor.
NHS hosts a successful blood drive, saving lives in and out of the community
Isabella Figueroa, Chief Copy Editor • March 21, 2024

“My dad and my mom both needed blood products when they were still living, so it's just really important to me so that the blood stays local,”...

Link Crew’s Cupcakes and Conversation Inspires New Members

On Wednesday, March 29th, Loy Norrix Link Crew introduced a new way of recruiting members for next year by holding the first annual Cupcakes and Conversation. Sophomores and juniors interested in Link Crew grabbed a cupcake and sat down to talk with current leaders about why they should join and what Link Crew is all about.

Incoming Link Leaders circle up to play team building activities. Photo Credit / Frankie Stevens

Students go around the circle and play games while getting to know each other. Photo Credit /  Frankie Stevens

Bridget Salazar and Ciera Mcclenton-Langston laugh and celebrate their win while playing team building games. Photo Credit / Frankie Stevens

Ava Stoops and Hannah Newhouse laugh together as the meet new people and play games. Photo Credit / Frankie Stevens.

Bela Coats grabs a cupcake as students make their way back to their seats. Photo Credit / Frankie Stevens.

Current and incoming Link Leaders watch a video explaining what being a Link Leader is all about. Photo Credit /  Frankie Stevens.