1. Water, water, water. All of the energy drinks and all the fruit smoothies that you may think are healthy each contain on average 100 calories, these 100 calories don’t satisfy you as much as eating would. Going on a plan to drink water will also be a great way to flush out water weight that you have. Once you have lost most of your water weight, you can drop as many as 20 pounds. Another reason water is the most important way to lose weight is because drinking water increases your metabolism which allows you to eat more food without the gains.
2. Take the carbs out of your diet! Things such as white grain pasta are horrible for you because they leave you bloated. Within hours, these simple carbohydrates process through your body leaving you hungry all over again. The complex carbs in veggies take longer to digest leaving you “full” for a longer period of time.
3. Sleep! Who would’ve guessed that sleeping is a way for you to lose weight? Getting the suggested amount of sleep allows your body to wake up with a fresh mind ready to make good food decisions. Waking up running late to work or school you may be forced to stop and get fast food or even skip breakfast.
4. Eat breakfast! When you hear the saying, “It’s the most important meal of the day,” that is no joke. Eating breakfast jump starts your metabolism. Skipping breakfast leaves the average person hungry again before lunch which makes them eat far more than they would if there was something in their stomach in the past 10 plus hours.
5. Count your calories. One pound is equal to around 35 hundred calories. Look to lose a pound a week. That may sound like a lot but not when you break it down day by day. Maintaining a calorie deficit of 500 calories a day after 7 days will help you lose the pound a week you wanted. Applications such as My Fitness Pal can keep you on track with your weight loss program by counting your daily calories and alerts tell you how close you’re coming to weight loss.