As the school year comes to an end, all of us start to look forward to the summer. Day after day the school continues to get hotter and the days feel like they are becoming increasingly longer and more boring. The closer we get to the end of the year, the more we anticipate finally hearing that last dismissal bell of the year.
For many of us, shortly after school ends we will be getting ready to leave the city to go to our families favorite travel destinations. Or for some of us, it means going on a trip without our families for the first time.
Wherever you might travel this summer, most of you will find yourself stuck in an airplane for hours on end, so here are some tips on how to survive the flying tin can.
- Make sure you have all your luggage packed days in advance to ensure that you have everything you need for your trip, a neck pillow or really any pillow can make the difference between a quick flight and a flight that feels like it takes forever.
- Don’t over pack because you will have more stuff returning than going on your trip.
- If you have a laptop make sure that it’s charged and you have entertainment to go along with it like movies and games.
- Don’t dress in anything that might make you uncomfortable.
- Get to the airport a minimum of an hour before your flight leaves so you have plenty of time to get through security and so you can get a seat in the terminal before you board your plane.
- Even though everything in the airport is ridiculously expensive, buy snacks and drinks before you get on the plane because it’s even more expensive there.