Grad parties are a big part of graduating. This is a time to get together with friends and family and reflect on the past four years.
- Set a budget. When setting a budget you can have a figure of what you can do with the cost of food, decorations and entertainment.
- Do It Yourself (DIY) tutorials. You can find some creative stuff for decorations on Pinterest and YouTube. You can also create some fun ways to decorate your special moment. Get creative!
- For entertainment, make a playlist of your music and plan some activities. Don’t go big by hiring a band or D.J. You can customize your own playlists on Spotify, iTunes and Soundcloud. You can get ideas off of Pinterest for that too.
- Have your party at home or a public place like a park. In Michigan, there are lots of parks and beaches close by such as Millam park, Comstock park, Austin lake, and many more.
- Grill hot dogs and hamburgers. You can get them from ALDI, Costco or Sam’s Club for a fair price in bulk.
- For invitations and thank you cards, you can go to Michael’s or any other type of arts and crafts store and make them yourself. You can set up a station for your guests to write their names and address on envelopes to make it easier to send the thank you letters.