Seniors, any advice for your underclassmen?
Tenaja White, Staff Writer • February 27, 2024

Photo taken by Jonathan Moreau from Flickr
A Year in Review: NFL fans around Loy Norrix reflect on their favorite team’s season
Max Berlin, Assistant Sports Editor • February 26, 2024

For many Norrix students, National Football League (NFL) Sundays are one of the most anticipated days of the week. Not many feelings can compare...

Henry Wilson and Michael McDonald discuss in refs position.  The wrestlers often talk through the movements while practicing.
Wrestling provides strength and discipline but demands dedication and hard work
Alexander Velo, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Out of all the after school activities Loy Norrix students can participate in, wrestling is one of the most time-and energy-consuming. After...

Students Need Adequate Supplies to be Germ Free.

Senior Claire VanderVelden washes hands through for 30 seconds to kill germs.  Photo Credit/ Ana Vanegas
Senior Claire VanderVelden washes hands throughly for 30 seconds to kill germs.
Photo Credit/ Ana Vanegas

According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, about 2.2 million children under the age of 5 die each year from diseases associated with diarrhea and pneumonia. These are the top two killers of young children around the world, with no access to water or soap. Spread of germs can be prevented through washing hands thoroughly with soap for 30 seconds. Facilities like schools need to be sanitized to prevent the spread of illness and the spread of infections to others. Restrooms are the most important place to keep clean and sanitized.  A single gram of human feces—which is about the weight of a paper clip—can contain one trillion germs, according to CDC.
So what is Loy Norrix doing to maintain cleanliness in the restrooms and prevent the spread of germs? Senior Anasia Turner is not satisfied with cleanliness of the restrooms. “I should not have to deal with there being no soap and toilet paper in the bathroom at 7:00 a.m. I inform staff about it, but they wont fix it until three days after. That’s why I get sick so much,” Turner said. Teacher, Ryan Allen  is unsatisfied of cleanliness in restrooms. Experiencing the lack of soap and other supplies in the faculty restrooms as well. “We went through two years without soap, it was aggravating because we had to bring in our own soap.
Germs from unwashed hands can be transferred to other objects, like handrails, table tops, or electronics and then transferred to another person’s hands. Making sure soap and other supplies are well stocked in the bathroom is very important to students. Ignoring some of the important supplies in a restroom can affect students and staff in a major way. The best way to solve this is to make sure the supplies needed are provided to prevent the spread of germs.