As students walk the halls on their way to their classes, theyre reminded that there are staff who are safe to tell. If they are experiencing abuse, harassment, mental health declines or other struggles, they can reach out to the teachers who have these teal ribbons displayed in their classrooms.
If you’re being harassed, look around for the Safe2Tell stickers
Grace Lovely, Guest Writer • June 8, 2024

You were sitting in class, getting ready for the test that you were about to take. You felt something on your arm, but you brushed it off. It...

Its the last week of school, and Saul Quintero and Anderson Flores Aguilar are glad. Together, they study for their final exam in English so that they can finish it on time.
Foreign exchange students experience fewer school restrictions in the United States
Ashley Lopez, Guest Writer • June 8, 2024

Imagine stepping into another country where the cultural tradition, education system and even daily life are different from what you were used...

From helpful to harmful: AI’s interference in the classroom
Alexander Velo and Finn BankstonJune 8, 2024

Since the dawn of technology, the concept of Artificial Intelligence (AI) has intrigued the technology and science community. It started with...

Students Need Adequate Supplies to be Germ Free.

Senior Claire VanderVelden washes hands through for 30 seconds to kill germs.  Photo Credit/ Ana Vanegas
Senior Claire VanderVelden washes hands throughly for 30 seconds to kill germs.
Photo Credit/ Ana Vanegas

According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, about 2.2 million children under the age of 5 die each year from diseases associated with diarrhea and pneumonia. These are the top two killers of young children around the world, with no access to water or soap. Spread of germs can be prevented through washing hands thoroughly with soap for 30 seconds. Facilities like schools need to be sanitized to prevent the spread of illness and the spread of infections to others. Restrooms are the most important place to keep clean and sanitized.  A single gram of human feces—which is about the weight of a paper clip—can contain one trillion germs, according to CDC.
So what is Loy Norrix doing to maintain cleanliness in the restrooms and prevent the spread of germs? Senior Anasia Turner is not satisfied with cleanliness of the restrooms. “I should not have to deal with there being no soap and toilet paper in the bathroom at 7:00 a.m. I inform staff about it, but they wont fix it until three days after. That’s why I get sick so much,” Turner said. Teacher, Ryan Allen  is unsatisfied of cleanliness in restrooms. Experiencing the lack of soap and other supplies in the faculty restrooms as well. “We went through two years without soap, it was aggravating because we had to bring in our own soap.
Germs from unwashed hands can be transferred to other objects, like handrails, table tops, or electronics and then transferred to another person’s hands. Making sure soap and other supplies are well stocked in the bathroom is very important to students. Ignoring some of the important supplies in a restroom can affect students and staff in a major way. The best way to solve this is to make sure the supplies needed are provided to prevent the spread of germs.