The forensics team mascot Loy enjoys Marquette Park after a successful tournament.  This plushie joins the Forensics Team in all of their tournaments throughout the season and has become a valuable member of the team.
Go goose: Forensics Team takes flight to Mackinac Island’s tournament
Josephine Velo and Amelia Wood May 28, 2024

On Friday, May 17, the Forensics Team piled onto the Mackinac ferry and said goodbye to the mainland. The fancy Grand Hotel, fudge and a...

A sign promotes a garage sale in the Westnedge Hill neighborhood. On Saturday, there were many signs around town promoting the sale.
The Westnedge Hill Neighborhood garage sales bring the community together in one special day
Rosie Hill and Alice Damashek May 28, 2024

Connecting with neighbors and spending time outside can be difficult nowadays. Weather, lack of neighborhood activities, construction, the growth...

Loy Norrix Athletic Director Andrew Laboe sends 10 Knights off to college at the annual signing day event.
Loy Norrix Athletics congratulates seniors playing sports in college
Ethan Williams and Max Berlin May 24, 2024

Loy Norrix High School Keeps The Candlelight Ceremony Alive

Senior class president Marta Grabowski passes the torch of leadership to Junior class president Sarah Townsend. The candlelight ceremony not only awards those who have excelled in certain areas, but recognizes the upcoming seniors. Photo by Asia Davis

June 1st marks another day where Loy Norrix High School seniors can  celebrate their last day of school. No more studying, exams or waking up early in the morning. Most seniors are counting down and the count down has reached zero.

In honor of those graduating and those moving up to their last year, the candlelight ceremony congratulates both sides, juniors and seniors. Seniors have the chance to  pass the torch to the juniors where they will now be the leaders to all underclassmen. This has been a tradition in the Loy Norrix family and this year is no different. Students, administrators, teacher, friends and family members will gather in the auditorium to commemorate a special event.

Junior Erin Romph will be participating in the ceremony and believes this is going to motivate her to graduate next year.

“It’s cool, it’s a good way to motivate me to be successful and to become a senior and actually gratuate,” said Romph. “It makes us juniors look forward to graduating next year.”

After the candlelight ceremony, seniors will celebrate with a lunch-in after the candlelight ceremony.

Congratulations to the Loy Norrix class of 2012.