Seniors, any advice for your underclassmen?
Tenaja White, Staff Writer • February 27, 2024

Photo taken by Jonathan Moreau from Flickr
A Year in Review: NFL fans around Loy Norrix reflect on their favorite team’s season
Max Berlin, Assistant Sports Editor • February 26, 2024

For many Norrix students, National Football League (NFL) Sundays are one of the most anticipated days of the week. Not many feelings can compare...

Henry Wilson and Michael McDonald discuss in refs position.  The wrestlers often talk through the movements while practicing.
Wrestling provides strength and discipline but demands dedication and hard work
Alexander Velo, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Out of all the after school activities Loy Norrix students can participate in, wrestling is one of the most time-and energy-consuming. After...

Loy Norrix Comments on Connecticut Shooting

Nate Jaworowski gives his opinion of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. He feels deeply about the tragedy.

On December 14, 2012 a shooting in Newton, Connecticut took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Twenty-six total were killed, 20 of which were children. The shooter by the name of Adam Lanza, a twenty year old, shot himself after committing the homicide. Lanza’s mother was also found dead at the Newton residence. This is said to be the second deadliest shooting in the United States history.

Lanza had no criminal record and former classmates always regarded him as being quiet, smart and keeping to himself. Several weapons were uncovered after the shooting including a 223 Bushmaster, a Glock and a Sig Saver.

This terrible act of crime has had an impact on students, teachers, and people everywhere.

“It’s a tragedy. I feel bad and it shouldn’t happen to anyone,” said sophomore Nathan Jaworowski.  When asked if he feels worried about a shooting happening in Michigan he said, “Yes, there are crazy people out there.”

Senior Jena Burkey has also heard people worrying about the shooting. Parents have come into Loy Norrix hoping that security has tightened up due to the tragedy that occurred in Connecticut.