Seniors, any advice for your underclassmen?
Tenaja White, Staff Writer • February 27, 2024

Photo taken by Jonathan Moreau from Flickr
A Year in Review: NFL fans around Loy Norrix reflect on their favorite team’s season
Max Berlin, Assistant Sports Editor • February 26, 2024

For many Norrix students, National Football League (NFL) Sundays are one of the most anticipated days of the week. Not many feelings can compare...

Henry Wilson and Michael McDonald discuss in refs position.  The wrestlers often talk through the movements while practicing.
Wrestling provides strength and discipline but demands dedication and hard work
Alexander Velo, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Out of all the after school activities Loy Norrix students can participate in, wrestling is one of the most time-and energy-consuming. After...

Students Get Ready for Exams

During 5th hour, junior Sarah Giramia focuses on her Algebra 2 study guide. She will be taking this exam on Thursday.
During 5th hour, junior Sarah Giramia focuses on her Algebra 2 study guide. She will be taking this exam on Thursday. Photo Credit / Sophia Boismier

It’s that time of the year again. The time where everyone is studying their review guides for hours in hope of passing their most difficult class. That special week that occurs three times a year: exam week. The test that for some people, determines if you pass or fail the class. You can’t retake it so the stress, caffeine, and late night studying is on.
“I study at after 7 and I stay up until 11pm.” said sophomore Laura Worline.
The second hour exam has already come and past so that means four more are on their way.
“I think I did okay,” said senior Autumn Dietrich about her 2nd hour exam, “It was an AP class with a lot of writing so it was timed, but I think I did fine.”
“I either did really great or really bad,” said freshman Bonnie Bremer, “I didn’t study as much as I could have so we’ll see.”
Motivation is always good when taking exams and trying to get good grades.
“If I don’t get good grades my mom takes my phone away,” said Bremer.
“Just the fact that I’ll be done gets me through,” said junior Christian Heintzelman.
With the second trimester coming to an end and the third just about to begin, that means this year is more that half way over.
“I’m just too busy to study hard,” said Worline, “and it’s hard when all my exams are crammed into one week”.
One thing good about being in trimesters is that you have three chances, three tries. After this exam week, there is one more to show what you’re made of. A whole chance to wipe the slate clean and start a new.
“I’m super pumped [for trimester 3],” said Worline, “My classes are loads easier.”
Summer is just around the corner, but will only begin when exams are finished. So stick to the books and try your best on those exams. The stress and the lack of sleep will definitely be worth it.