Seniors, any advice for your underclassmen?
Tenaja White, Staff Writer • February 27, 2024

Photo taken by Jonathan Moreau from Flickr
A Year in Review: NFL fans around Loy Norrix reflect on their favorite team’s season
Max Berlin, Assistant Sports Editor • February 26, 2024

For many Norrix students, National Football League (NFL) Sundays are one of the most anticipated days of the week. Not many feelings can compare...

Henry Wilson and Michael McDonald discuss in refs position.  The wrestlers often talk through the movements while practicing.
Wrestling provides strength and discipline but demands dedication and hard work
Alexander Velo, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Out of all the after school activities Loy Norrix students can participate in, wrestling is one of the most time-and energy-consuming. After...

Changing Classes can be a Good Thing

By Evelyn Banks

It’s not easy being in a class of students you don’t know, better yet have never seen, especially when they are upper classmen. Even though I am a freshman, I feel I’m mature enough to fit in with these students; however, it would be nice to know at least one person in each class. On the flip side, sometimes not knowing anyone can be a good thing; it gives you a chance to meet new people.

“I don’t really like the new schedule,” said freshman Bryana Stewart, who has a different lunch 2nd trimester. “We don’t even have the same lunch period. Some people didn’t even pick the classes they got.”

It feels like the beginning of the school year all over again. I feel like the new kid because I’m not with any of my friends in most of my classes. We have to get used to our schedule, learning new ways around the school. Going down halls we have never been down and meeting teachers we have never met before. On the positive side, it gives us a way to get to know Loy Norrix a little more.

Teachers also have to adjust to the new schedule. “I like the blocks seem to long though,” said Jason Wagner, freshman biology teacher. Wagner continued, “Getting new students isn’t that bad. I have biology A and B, so sometimes I get the same students I had the last tri. A new student means new personalities.”

Some people like change. So even though we get switched out of classes we have just adjusted to or moved away from our friends, sometimes change can be good.