‘Korpsve’ uses technology to break the music mold
Rosie Hill, Feature Editor • March 1, 2024

Upon first glance at senior Dalea Campbell, her bold makeup, unconventional outfits, and spiky accessories would make you think he’s an interesting...

French translator, Marie Marcoux is helping to facilitate the conversation between Knight Life reporters and Gabonese journalists. The conversation was on environmental writing.
Journalists from Gabon meet with Knight Life reporters for a cultural and educational exchange
Sophia Ciokajlo, Photo Editor • February 29, 2024

Gabon is an African country that is located on the west coast of the Atlantic Ocean. The official language of Gabon is French, as the country...

Starting before winter break, the K-wing mens bathroom has been locked, reported as vandalized and in need of repairs.
Lack of supplies and vandalism plague school bathrooms, leaving students frustrated without solutions
Krystiana Bernstein and Carter Pickett February 29, 2024

For Loy Norrix students, it’s no surprise when attempting to use the restroom to find the closest one covered in messes, locked, or vandalized....

Valorian Cunningham Commits to Wayne State

Photo Credit: Gwen DeYoung
Valorian Cunningham officially committed to Wayne State last Wednesday on National Signing Day. Cunningham thanked all who have supported him, especially his family. He was surrounded by family, friends and administrators at a celebration for his signing last thursday.

The conference center was jammed packed with family, friends, coaches, administrators and fans yesterday when Senior Valorian Cunningham celebrated his official commitment to play football at Wayne State next year. While Cunningham has only been at Loy Norrix High School for a little over a year, it was clear yesterday that he has made a big impact on the school, both the staff and students.

“Having him here is great not just for athletics and academics but also for having another great person here,” said Athletic Director Andrew Laboe.

“He has been a blessing for the team on and off the field,” said head Varsity football coach Sean Burgan.

Cunningham officially signed his commitment letter on Wednesday, the official national signing day, to play strong safety for the Warriors next year. Cunningham has committed to play all four years at Wayne State and hopes to play in the National Football League in the future.

“I don’t want to just go to the NFL I want to be the best in the NFL and in college too,” said Cunningham.

The choice to go to Wayne State was easy for Cunningham.

“I just felt like it was a good school football wise and academics wise,” said Cunningham, “I felt like they were a family and really wanted me to go there.”

Along with playing strong safety and wide receiver for the Warriors Cunningham will also be studying business focusing on entrepreneurship.

Even though Cunningham will soon leave Norrix and will be continuing to advance his football career and academics, he will not forget his alma mater and appreciates his fellow Knights.

“I would like to give a shout out to Norrix to all my friends and everyone who supported me including the administrators,” said Cunningham, “Thank you all for your support.”

While Cunningham may someday be a super star in the NFL or in the business world, people at Loy Norrix will have the honor of saying that Valorian Cunningham was a Knight.

“Valorian is a great kid. Make sure you go and support him next year at Wayne State and always remember that Valorian is a Knight,” said defensive coach Rob Bradford.