The forensics team mascot Loy enjoys Marquette Park after a successful tournament.  This plushie joins the Forensics Team in all of their tournaments throughout the season and has become a valuable member of the team.
Go goose: Forensics Team takes flight to Mackinac Island’s tournament
Josephine Velo and Amelia Wood May 28, 2024

On Friday, May 17, the Forensics Team piled onto the Mackinac ferry and said goodbye to the mainland. The fancy Grand Hotel, fudge and a...

A sign promotes a garage sale in the Westnedge Hill neighborhood. On Saturday, there were many signs around town promoting the sale.
The Westnedge Hill Neighborhood garage sales bring the community together in one special day
Rosie Hill and Alice Damashek May 28, 2024

Connecting with neighbors and spending time outside can be difficult nowadays. Weather, lack of neighborhood activities, construction, the growth...

Loy Norrix Athletic Director Andrew Laboe sends 10 Knights off to college at the annual signing day event.
Loy Norrix Athletics congratulates seniors playing sports in college
Ethan Williams and Max Berlin May 24, 2024

Loy Norrix Seniors Prove to Have More School Spirit than Juniors, Sophomores and Freshmen

By Asia Davis Seniors Jess Moshoginis (Middle) and Marta Grawbowski (Right) celebrate winning the spirit jug. Junior Josh Johnson (Left) congratulates the seniors. The class of 2012 also won the spirt jug in the fall during the Homecoming festivities.

By Daniela Paz

Loy Norrix High School celebrated their Winterfest February 13th through 17th. Students of all grades brought out their navy and white to prove to the school that their class had more school spirit.

Each day of the week students dressed in the chosen themes: Monday was Neon Day, Tuesday was Valentine’s Day, Wednesday was Animal Day, Thursday was Navy and White Day and Friday was Retro/Disco Day. At the end of the day, the class that had the most students dressed students took 10 points. The Senior class of 2012 took four out of five 1st places which added up to 40 points.

Throughout the week other competitions took place including penny wars and poster making. Like every spirit week, towards the end of the week there is a pep rally. Here students compete to keep earning more points for their class competing in a series of games. This week games at the pep rally included the school song competition, basketball musical chairs and even a dance battle. At the pep rally the seniors won 65 points.

At the end of the week the class of 2012 proved to have the most school spirit accumulating 105 points. Sophomores took 2nd place with 96 points and juniors had 3rd place with 79 points.