Latin teacher Dyami Hernandex helps his second hour class choose classes for next year. Before selecting what classes they want, students have to check what credits they have first.
Students want new, more relevant classes
Lexi Tuley, Graphics Editor • April 24, 2024

It’s Monday morning. You’re sitting in your first hour on the brink of falling asleep. The teacher is droning on about geometry, and you...

Former Immigrant, Oscar Garcia living his day to day life. Garcia first immigrated to America in 1986.
Immigrant families face hardships when relocating
Lizzy Garcia, Guest Writer • April 19, 2024

In life, a handful of people are faced with making the decision of moving. Whether it be moving for job or education opportunities, a move like...

Students Respond to Politics

Dear Editor,
Recently I have read Knight Life and stumbled upon the article called “Mainstream Media has Become too Politically Extreme.” When I first started to read the article I thought that the writer had a very good point, the wording was solid and there were clear definitions of words that students may not understand. However, I feel that the writer of this article strayed from his main point, overall this turn in the direction of the article made it a little harder to read.
In the beginning, the young man who wrote this article talks about how people think being too politically correct is the problem with society today. I agree with this strongly, people can take things a little too personally and it causes a lot of problems that probably wouldn’t be present if everyone just loosened up a bit. I enjoyed this being pointed out, but then the article takes an unwarned and jaring turn towards if a baker was wrong for denying to bake a cake for an LGBT wedding and how gay people say they’re scared to send back their plates at religious restaurants.
This turn in the article doesn’t really make any sense. To be blunt, no one cares about these situations when they read his article because they make no sense in his argument. Mainstream media didn’t make that baker refuse the cake, religious views did. Mainstream media doesn’t make gay people worry about what people will secretly do to their food, anxiety stemming from hate crimes and other instances does. It’s a great article, though some parts just don’t make any sense. It would be a little stronger if he replaced these examples with something a little more relevant to his topic.
Nakia Brown, junior
Dear Editor,
I read the article “We Need to Abolish the Mandate the Say the Pledge in Schools,” I think this article has really good imagery in the beginning. I very deeply agree with this article and all that it stands for. I think that the amount of detail the editor used emphasized the reasons why we should not have the pledge and I think that was written really well.
Julia Labadie, senior
Dear Editor,
I felt your article (Lily MacInnis) was immensely persuasive, thorough with great diction and factual evidence such as stating “in 2014 midterms only 36.7 percent of eligible voters cast a vote.” This acts as a setup to elaborate on the problem with the knowledge of voting in children. I look forward to reading your work.
Jaden Blakes, sophomore