‘Korpsve’ uses technology to break the music mold
Rosie Hill, Feature Editor • March 1, 2024

Upon first glance at senior Dalea Campbell, her bold makeup, unconventional outfits, and spiky accessories would make you think he’s an interesting...

French translator, Marie Marcoux is helping to facilitate the conversation between Knight Life reporters and Gabonese journalists. The conversation was on environmental writing.
Journalists from Gabon meet with Knight Life reporters for a cultural and educational exchange
Sophia Ciokajlo, Photo Editor • February 29, 2024

Gabon is an African country that is located on the west coast of the Atlantic Ocean. The official language of Gabon is French, as the country...

Starting before winter break, the K-wing mens bathroom has been locked, reported as vandalized and in need of repairs.
Lack of supplies and vandalism plague school bathrooms, leaving students frustrated without solutions
Krystiana Bernstein and Carter Pickett February 29, 2024

For Loy Norrix students, it’s no surprise when attempting to use the restroom to find the closest one covered in messes, locked, or vandalized....

Students Respond to Article "Open Campus for Lunch and Other Concerns"

Dear Editor,
I think that that Loy Norrix should change and open campus for lunch because I get tired of sitting inside of the lunch room everyday, and I also get tired of eating the food. Some people get tired of the food too and want to maybe eat something else or go home or out at a restaurant to eat. They want to get out for a little break before going back to class get a little time to refresh.
Tamia Schiffino
Sophomore

Dear Editor,
I read “Loy Norrix Should Change to an Open Campus for Lunch” and I really enjoyed it. I understand why students with transportation are not allowed to go get food at lunch, but I agree with Yasmin Mosqueda that there are ways to match the administrators’ and students’ demands. I thought it was a very good idea to make leaving at lunch a privilege that can be revoked. It could require a signature from a parent or guardian. It could also be taken away after a referral or your grades drop dramatically. I understand why they would think some students would not come back, but it’s their grades and they’d pay for it. Overall, I really enjoyed this article and liked all of the different ideas.
Daniel P. McAfee
Freshman

Dear editor,
We really need to do something about lunch.  No one wants to eat lunch at 10:30 in the morning.  That is breakfast time. We should start a petition to change lunch period to breakfast.  The busses get here too late for breakfast before school starts. 10:30 is breakfast time.  The cafeteria should serve pancakes and bacon and pop tarts, maybe some grits and biscuits too.  A lot of kids like sausage. Oh yeah and fruit that would be good. If we had that for lunch we would not be hungry all day waiting to get home. School would be better .
Kiara Harris
Sophomore