Seniors, any advice for your underclassmen?
Tenaja White, Staff Writer • February 27, 2024

Photo taken by Jonathan Moreau from Flickr
A Year in Review: NFL fans around Loy Norrix reflect on their favorite team’s season
Max Berlin, Assistant Sports Editor • February 26, 2024

For many Norrix students, National Football League (NFL) Sundays are one of the most anticipated days of the week. Not many feelings can compare...

Henry Wilson and Michael McDonald discuss in refs position.  The wrestlers often talk through the movements while practicing.
Wrestling provides strength and discipline but demands dedication and hard work
Alexander Velo, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Out of all the after school activities Loy Norrix students can participate in, wrestling is one of the most time-and energy-consuming. After...

Loy Norrix Students Compete in NAACP ACT-SO National Competition

Senior Dendra Stegall has been drawing ever since middle school where she was originally into sculpturing and shifted into drawing. Her amazing drawing of a tiger won Stegall the Gold medal locally.

On April 21, 2012 three students fromLoy Norrix High School won Gold medals in the local NAACP ACT-SO competition. The National Association for the Advancment of Colored People ACT-SO com petition is a competition amoung students in over 26 categories, such as science, business, musical performance, humanities and visual and performing arts. The three students that won Gold medals in the local competition are senior Dendra Stegall for visual arts, freshman Maryam Muhammad for poetry and freshman Havier Hill-Roller in the contemporary vocal music category. Over 260 thousand young students have participated in the program since it has started.

On July 5th– July 9th, the three Loy Norrix Gold winners will travel toHouston,Texas to compete in the national competition. The three Loy Norrix students will present their same work and talent inTexas in hopes to win NAACP ACT-SO Gold medals nationally.

Senior Dendra Stegall has been drawing ever since middle school where she was originally into sculpturing and shifted into drawing. Her amazing drawing of a tiger won Stegall the Gold medal locally. The AP Art student might be attending an art college to continue her love for art.

Stegall said going to the national competition will, “be a good experience for me and it’s going to boost my confidence level on going to art college.”