As students walk the halls on their way to their classes, theyre reminded that there are staff who are safe to tell. If they are experiencing abuse, harassment, mental health declines or other struggles, they can reach out to the teachers who have these teal ribbons displayed in their classrooms.
If you’re being harassed, look around for the Safe2Tell stickers
Grace Lovely, Guest Writer • June 8, 2024

You were sitting in class, getting ready for the test that you were about to take. You felt something on your arm, but you brushed it off. It...

Its the last week of school, and Saul Quintero and Anderson Flores Aguilar are glad. Together, they study for their final exam in English so that they can finish it on time.
Foreign exchange students experience fewer school restrictions in the United States
Ashley Lopez, Guest Writer • June 8, 2024

Imagine stepping into another country where the cultural tradition, education system and even daily life are different from what you were used...

From helpful to harmful: AI’s interference in the classroom
Alexander Velo and Finn Bankston June 8, 2024

Since the dawn of technology, the concept of Artificial Intelligence (AI) has intrigued the technology and science community. It started with...

Drake’s “For All the Dogs” makes some noise around Loy Norrix

It’s 7 a.m. on a Friday in October. You just woke up, and you grab your phone as you prepare for the day ahead. You’re about to get into the shower and get ready for the last day of the school week when you check your phone and see that your long wait is finally over: Drake dropped his new album. 

For lots of Loy Norrix students, this was their morning on Friday, October 6th. Many students were listening to the album as they walked into the building.

Drake’s newest project, titled “For All The Dogs,”  is a project that the artist has been teasing since his last album, “Her Loss,” which featured fellow rapper 21 Savage. 

To say the least, the wait many Drake fans across LN had to endure for this album was more than worth it. 

“My first reaction was the thought that this is one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever heard,” said junior T.J. McClinton. “The project was 1000% worth the wait.”

McClinton wasn’t the only student impressed by the album. Kids around the school rushed to post their opinions of the album across social media, and the large majority had very positive things to say. 

Junior Claudia Hansen also listened to the album as soon as it came out. 

“The album was great,” Hansen said. “I don’t usually listen to Drake, but this album definitely caught my attention. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s album of the year.”

Hansen recommends the album to all students, not just fans of Drake’s discography.

“If you haven’t listened yet, you should. It’s definitely worth it, even if Drake’s music isn’t your typical preference.”

As Hansen said, this album has something for you whether or not you’re a fan of Drake. The 23-song album includes more than an hour of music. The album has a very versatile tracklist, featuring multiple different artists of many different genres you may not have expected to make an appearance. Whether it be Yeat’s electronic and underground melodies, Bad Bunny’s reggaeton, or SZA’s R&B vocals, Drake made sure to include a wide variety of artists in “For All The Dogs.”  

The rapper also made sure the album was enjoyable for his longtime fanbase, previewing some of his older melodies and styles in songs like “7969 Santa” and “8 AM In Charlotte.” 

The album also featured Drake’s 5-year-old son Adonis on the song “Daylight,” showcasing his very own freestyle in the last 40 seconds and featuring him in the music video for “8am in Charlotte.” Both appearances received great feedback from his longtime supporters.  

Although the album has just been released, so far it’s looking as though Drake has brought us another project that will be in the conversation for one of the best albums of the year. Just as  Drake’s past releases have quickly gained lots of attention in the music industry, “For All The Dogs” has also reached a widespread fanbase, gaining over 402 thousand sales in the first week and streaming 514.01 million times across streaming platforms. The album is officially on all streaming platforms, available for listening everywhere across the globe.