Henry Wilson and Michael McDonald discuss in refs position.  The wrestlers often talk through the movements while practicing.
Wrestling provides strength and discipline but demands dedication and hard work
Alexander Velo, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Out of all the after school activities Loy Norrix students can participate in, wrestling is one of the most time-and energy-consuming. After...

Knights of the Round Table Podcast #2
Knights of the Round Table Podcast #2
Flora Harper, News & Opinion Editor • February 23, 2024

Senses of the Earth
Senses of the Earth
Jordan Pritchett, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Winterfest Rundown 2013

It’s that time of year again! Our snowy version of homecoming complete with its own spirit week, Winterfest. Compiled below is everything you need to know to be successful this year.

First, here’s what is going on each day of Winterfest.

Monday – Hat Day –  Penny Wars Begin.  Bring your pennies for your class account.  Pennies are for your class, silver coins and dollars work against your total.  The object is to put silver into  the other class jars so they do not win the contest.  Competition will take place Monday – Thursday in the Athletic Office.

Tuesday – Famous Person Day – Dress like your favorite celebrity, singer, actor, actress,
    Ruzzle tournament in the cafeteria at 2:30.  You need your own smart phone with the Ruzzle app downloaded.  Sign up in the Athletic Office with your name, ID number and grade before the beginning of 5th period on Tuesday.  You cannot share a phone with another student.

Poster Making will be in the cafeteria from 2:30 – 4:00.

Wednesday – ID Color DayWear the color that matches your ID.
    Poster making again after school in the cafeteria with a Temple Run 2 Tournament.  Sign up in the Athletic Office.

Thursday – Spirit Day Juniors and Seniors wear White, Freshmen and Sophomores wear Navy.  Pep Assembly will be held 5th period.  Final day for poster making will be held in the cafeteria from 2:30 – 4:00.

Friday – Mismatch Dayclash the colors in your wardrobe.    Voting for King and Queen from the senior class will be held 1st period.  Women’s and Men’s Varsity Basketball vs Battle Creek Central at 5:45.  Crowning of King & Queen will be held at halftime of the men’s varsity game.  Winterfest Dance to be held immediately after the game until 11:30 PM.

This year’s nominees for Winterfest court is:

Freshmen – Maia Greer and Nick May
    Sophomores –
    Lauren Daugherty and Spencer Welsh
    Juniors –
    Rachel Mootz and Marcus Torres
    Seniors –
    Allie Creamer, Patrice Eason, Alicia Gipson, Ciara Krimmel, Jessica Lethiot, Mataya Simmons, Sarah Townsend, Trent Beamon, Alex Bridges, Damien Coleman-West, DAvid Mann, Nelson Ramos, Bishop Robinson and Pablo Tavares