Henry Wilson and Michael McDonald discuss in refs position.  The wrestlers often talk through the movements while practicing.
Wrestling provides strength and discipline but demands dedication and hard work
Alexander Velo, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Out of all the after school activities Loy Norrix students can participate in, wrestling is one of the most time-and energy-consuming. After...

Knights of the Round Table Podcast #2
Knights of the Round Table Podcast #2
Flora Harper, News & Opinion Editor • February 23, 2024

Senses of the Earth
Senses of the Earth
Jordan Pritchett, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

The Madness Continues: Loy Norrix students look back on their predictions of the Final Four

This graph shows the percentage of students brackets that have picked any of the teams correctly in the final four. Final Four games start on Saturday with UCONN vs. Florida followed by Kentucky vs. Wisconsin. The national championship game will be played on Monday April 7th

Brackets have been busted and hearts have been broken. March is truly a month of madness! Millions of brackets have seen more red X’s than a poorly written essay. According to ESPN, out of the 11 million brackets that were entered, only 612 had the Final Four games predicted correctly.

Kalamazoo native Devin Oliver and his Dayton Flyers played with passion and intensity, making their way to the Sweet 16 while the freshman-friendly Kentucky Wildcats went from the pre-season number one to almost falling out of the top 25. Now they have grown up and danced their way to the Final Four, reminiscent of the 1991 Fab Five.

This year’s Final Four will see the absence of Tom Izzo, Mike Krzyzewski, Roy Williams, Rick Pitino and Bill Self. This is only the 3rd time in the past decade that at least one of these hall of fame coaches won’t be leading their teams to the Final Four.

However the Florida Gators, Wisconsin Badgers, Kentucky Wildcats and Connecticut Huskies combined have produced 29 Final Four appearances. So going to the Final Four is nothing new for these teams.

This year’s tournament has everything from Cinderella teams to upsets of the year. The only question that still needs answering is who will be crowned the 2014 National Champions.