(Photo Illustration) A student drives her car while talking to someone on the phone. This violates Kelsey’s Law which prohibits drivers from using their cell phone while driving.
Scholarship rewards $5,000 to high school students for bringing awareness to distracted teen driving
Sophia Wrzesinski and Flora Harper March 21, 2024

The Kelsey’s Law scholarship is open for submissions until Mar. 31. Hosted by the Michigan Auto Law, the scholarship awards a total of $5,000...

What are Your Spring Break Plans?
What are Your Spring Break Plans?
Isaac Atkinson and Stan Thomas March 21, 2024

Red Cross Supervisor Cindy Vandermeer prepares Teya Dawson for her blood donation. Dawson was a first-time donor.
NHS hosts a successful blood drive, saving lives in and out of the community
Isabella Figueroa, Chief Copy Editor • March 21, 2024

“My dad and my mom both needed blood products when they were still living, so it's just really important to me so that the blood stays local,”...

Extreme Makeover: Stadium Edition

Stadium
Construction workers work diligently to remove old structures. The new stadium is expected to be completed by the start of the 2015-2016 school year.

For those who have noticed the construction outside, you’ll be pleased to know that the work will lead to a better look for the Loy Norrix campus. The construction of our schools new stadium will be completed by next fall, and word on the street is that it will look pretty cool.
Our stadium currently seats 6,000 people; the new renovations will cut that seating in half.
“The State of Michigan has building codes in place for highschool stadiums, “ said Athletic Director Andrew Laboe. “Three thousand seats have to have 25 bathroom stalls for women and 12 for men. 3,001 seats need 47 stalls for women and 25 for men.”
Despite the fact that there will be less seating for our sports fans, the ticket booth, concessions stand, and all of the bathrooms will be in one large building at the front of the complex. There will also be a pavilion with tables, benches, and an opportunity for alum to buy bricks with their names to place in the ground.