‘Korpsve’ uses technology to break the music mold
Rosie Hill, Feature Editor • March 1, 2024

Upon first glance at senior Dalea Campbell, her bold makeup, unconventional outfits, and spiky accessories would make you think he’s an interesting...

French translator, Marie Marcoux is helping to facilitate the conversation between Knight Life reporters and Gabonese journalists. The conversation was on environmental writing.
Journalists from Gabon meet with Knight Life reporters for a cultural and educational exchange
Sophia Ciokajlo, Photo Editor • February 29, 2024

Gabon is an African country that is located on the west coast of the Atlantic Ocean. The official language of Gabon is French, as the country...

Starting before winter break, the K-wing mens bathroom has been locked, reported as vandalized and in need of repairs.
Lack of supplies and vandalism plague school bathrooms, leaving students frustrated without solutions
Krystiana Bernstein and Carter Pickett February 29, 2024

For Loy Norrix students, it’s no surprise when attempting to use the restroom to find the closest one covered in messes, locked, or vandalized....

What do you Want to do Before you Die? The Bucket List of Loy Norrix

Countless people have something that they want to do before they die, whether it be skydiving or traveling to an exotic place. A bucket list is a checklist of experiences or achievements that someone wants to accomplish during their lifetime. Knight Life asked Loy Norrix students and staff about what they want to do before they die, or what they have already checked off their bucket list.
“I want to give an Elephant a bath. Elephants create tight bonds with humans and respond affectionately,” said social studies teacher Rebecca Layton.
“I want to go to the Grand Canyon, it would be a cool experience,” said junior Brianna Wieferich.
“It sounds stupid, but I want to go to Disney World because my dad would never take me,” said senior Tori Zehner.
tori-at-disney-web
Tori Zehner at Disney World. Photo Illustration / Frankie Stevens

“Go to Finland, because I am half Finnish. Probably in the next 5 to 10 years. I’m deathly afraid of heights but I want to also go bungee jumping and skydiving,” said guidance counselor Pamela Robinson.
“I want to travel to Costa Rica because I’ve learned it’s really beautiful and there’s a lot of adventures to go on there,” said junior Maddie Guimond.
“I want to go to New York, Seattle, and back to Vancouver where I was born,” said freshman Emily Edlefson.
“I want to climb one or two of the seven summits because I think climbing is cool. I also want to go skydiving and live in California,” said sophomore Abigail King.
abi-on-mountain-mountain
Abigail King stands on mountain Mam Sodhail. Photo Illustration / Frankie Stevens

“No [I don’t have a bucket list], I think they are stupid. A list couldn’t contain all that could possibly happen to me between now and my death,” said English teacher Anne Lewis.
“One thing I want to do is travel to somewhere not connected to the United States, like the Bahamas,” said senior Jacob Fenter.
“I want to go scuba diving in a coral reef that isn’t dead,” said senior Kamryn Chapman.
“Meet Beyonce, because she’s queen bee,” said freshman Chloe Lupini.
“I want to go to space to see the different planets,” said freshman Myles Baker.
Astronaut Pack Suit Tools Tether Spacewalk Iss
Myles Baker in space. Photo Illustration / Frankie Stevens 

“Back in my 20’s I went so far up in the Rockies the animals hadn’t seen a person before. Back then there wasn’t climbing equipment, so you held on by your fingertips,” said librarian Jack Sewell.
“Make money to be able to do the other things on my bucket list,” said sophomore Baker Conley.
“I’ve gone ziplining, but I’m scared of heights,” said campus safety officer Jacqueline Hampton.
“We want to take our daughters to all 50 states. We want our girls to be more aware of the world around them than just their backyard,” said history teacher Jay Peterson.