‘Korpsve’ uses technology to break the music mold
Rosie Hill, Feature Editor • March 1, 2024

Upon first glance at senior Dalea Campbell, her bold makeup, unconventional outfits, and spiky accessories would make you think he’s an interesting...

French translator, Marie Marcoux is helping to facilitate the conversation between Knight Life reporters and Gabonese journalists. The conversation was on environmental writing.
Journalists from Gabon meet with Knight Life reporters for a cultural and educational exchange
Sophia Ciokajlo, Photo Editor • February 29, 2024

Gabon is an African country that is located on the west coast of the Atlantic Ocean. The official language of Gabon is French, as the country...

Starting before winter break, the K-wing mens bathroom has been locked, reported as vandalized and in need of repairs.
Lack of supplies and vandalism plague school bathrooms, leaving students frustrated without solutions
Krystiana Bernstein and Carter Pickett February 29, 2024

For Loy Norrix students, it’s no surprise when attempting to use the restroom to find the closest one covered in messes, locked, or vandalized....

Loy Norrix Football Team Works Hard Year Around

By Daniela Paz

Junior Will Aeschbacher work outs for his last season of high school football. Him and his teammates go to the weight room Monday thru Thursday. By Daniela Paz

Every Friday night during the fall season, students, teachers and families gather around a green field to support the Loy Norrix football team. Players work hard during practices to perfect each play and to prepare themselves for a victory.

Once the season is over some athletes go on to other sports and stay in shape for the next season to come. However, there are some athletes that choose not to participate in any other extracurricular activities mainly to focus on football.

This group of athletes’ practice and train year around. They do anything from lifting weight to doing simple cardio workouts to keep themselves healthy and in shape.

Assistant Athletic Director and Strength and Conditioning Coach, Ameer Ismail, believes that it helps next year football players to be a better athlete in order to have a better season.

“To be faster, stronger, more explosive and bigger,” said Ismail. “That correlates to a better athletic performance.”

The football players train four times a week for about two hours each day.

Loy Norrix junior and varsity captain, Will Aeschbacher, trains to get better to hopefully proceed to play at a college level.

“[Training] makes me a stronger athlete in and off the season and prevents me from gaining weight,” said Aeschbacher. “It makes me a stronger person and athlete, [it] helps me get out the line faster.”

To some, football isn’t a one-season sport. They weight train to stay in shape and work hard in order to improve their needed skills. All this leads to having a better, bigger and stronger team.