Seniors, any advice for your underclassmen?
Tenaja White, Staff Writer • February 27, 2024

Photo taken by Jonathan Moreau from Flickr
A Year in Review: NFL fans around Loy Norrix reflect on their favorite team’s season
Max Berlin, Assistant Sports Editor • February 26, 2024

For many Norrix students, National Football League (NFL) Sundays are one of the most anticipated days of the week. Not many feelings can compare...

Henry Wilson and Michael McDonald discuss in refs position.  The wrestlers often talk through the movements while practicing.
Wrestling provides strength and discipline but demands dedication and hard work
Alexander Velo, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Out of all the after school activities Loy Norrix students can participate in, wrestling is one of the most time-and energy-consuming. After...

Loy Norrix Takes The Win In The Don Lukens Invitational

Don Lukens has been at Loy Norrix for over 30 years and is the biggest invitational that Loy Norrix hosts. Track teams from all over the state come to compete against each other  in this all day meet. Don Lukens starts at 10 in the morning and goes on into the late evening. Everyone looks forward to coming and competing at their peak performances. At the end of the night, the winning team gets to take home a trophy and be the victors of the Don Lukens Invitational.

Junior Abraham Konjoh pushes himself over the bar while pole vaulting. He’s been doing track for 2 years. Jaelyn Anderson

Junior Skylar Clay prepares to throw the discus. This year she threw in the third heat at the Don Lukens Invitational. Photo Credit, Jaelyn Anderson

Freshman Chanel Wilson pushes through the last bit of the race. This is her first year running in the Don Lukens Invitational. Photo Credit, Jaelyn Anderson

Junior Kenneth Walker jumps the hurtle as fast as he can trying to beat the runner from Flint. He has been running the hurdles since freshman year. Photo Credit, Jaelyn Anderson

The team comes together to take a picture after hearing that they won the meet. They all hold up a finger to represent that they came in first place. Photo Credit, Jaelyn Anderson