Students went above and beyond for this year’s “Knight Flight to the Stars”

Credit: Destiny Gutter

Loy Norrix students dancing to music played by DJ Conscious.

Kierra Walker, Tower Talk Team

This year’s space-themed prom was one for the books.

Senior Amira Evans wearing a simple yet elegant dress for prom. (Credit: Destiny Gutter)

On Saturday, May 6, Loy Norrix’s annual junior and senior prom was held at the Air Zoo.
Attendees walked in on a red carpet and had their photos taken as they entered.

There was a huge turnout with over 500 students from Loy Norrix and Phoenix High School being in attendance, but still plenty of room for everyone to have fun as the venue was suited to accommodate everyone.

The “Knight Flight to the Stars” was a unique and fun theme that allowed for many creative decisions. The location of the Air Zoo gave students the opportunity to do more than just stand around or dance since there were attractions and rides available for use.

Senior Jay Michel and their date wearing matching red outfits. (Credit: Destiny Gutter)

A popular ride was the spinning hot air balloons or “Montgolfier Balloon Race” where you get inside the hot air balloon-shaped seats and fly through the air. Near it was a small ferris wheel able to fit around 1-3 people in each compartment.

There was also a flight simulator where users could perform aerial maneuvers in a fighter or stunt plane by gripping the controls and experiencing full-motion loops, rolls and dives.
Throughout the entire night, there was sure to be a long line of attendees waiting to board the rides with their date or group of friends.

“I think the rides made this prom stand out and they made it so loners could have fun,” said junior Josh Snyder. “I went on the flight simulator and the balloon one and they were fun.”

The dance floor was never empty either with students showing off their best moves to music provided by DJ Conscious.

Seniors Gabby Buchanan and Jaydon Ruiz photographed with their prom dates. They are wearing coordinating outfits.

When it came to attire, students took “show up and show out” to the extreme with their extravagant outfits. Sequins, feathers and holographic fabric could be seen in every direction. Men’s shoes were covered in spikes and rhinestones. Some couples even carried parasols as matching accessories.

Senior Gabby Buchanan’s sparkly pink dress was definitely an attention grabber.
“I chose the color pink for prom because it’s my favorite color. I think the light pink was subtle and made the rhinestones pop,” Buchanan said.

When wearing such glitzy clothing, of course, you’d want to capture the look to reflect on afterward. Attendees had the option of getting professional photos taken for just $10.

Whether they spent their time chowing down on cookies or chopping it up with friends, the overall consensus is that prom was a night worth attending.