Seniors, any advice for your underclassmen?
Tenaja White, Staff Writer • February 27, 2024

Photo taken by Jonathan Moreau from Flickr
A Year in Review: NFL fans around Loy Norrix reflect on their favorite team’s season
Max Berlin, Assistant Sports Editor • February 26, 2024

For many Norrix students, National Football League (NFL) Sundays are one of the most anticipated days of the week. Not many feelings can compare...

Henry Wilson and Michael McDonald discuss in refs position.  The wrestlers often talk through the movements while practicing.
Wrestling provides strength and discipline but demands dedication and hard work
Alexander Velo, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Out of all the after school activities Loy Norrix students can participate in, wrestling is one of the most time-and energy-consuming. After...

Sports and Entertainment Class Takes Field Trip to Wings Stadium

IMG_8901On May 3rd, 2013 the EFE Sports and Entertainment class was able to see the real functions of a professional sports stadium at Wings Stadium. Sports and Entertainment Management is a class designed to teach students how to manage and run sports businesses and events.  The two classes toured the stadium and were guided by sales managers to learn about the major functions of the stadium and team.

Students were able to tour the stadium and witness examples of advertisements and learn about the origination of the stadium. At the time, Wings Stadium was preparing for the Bronson Run for the Health of It registration. This let students see how Wings Stadium is used for multiple purposes other than a sports team like the upcoming graduation on June 5th.

Teacher Atiba Ward took the class to Wing’s Stadium with the goal of having students see examples of the topics discussed in class. He feels that the field trip was a good experience for his sports management class.

“The students got a real vision of what sports management is like. They got a real life experience,” said Ward.

For most students, it was easy to relate to the four functions of management that are taught in class. The four functions of management are planning, organizing, implementing, and controlling.  Classmate Twan Jenkins thought the trip was interesting to see the way the business worked.

“I learned about all the different uses for the stadium,” said Jenkins.