Sophia Wrzesinski and Flora HarperMarch 21, 2024

Isaac Atkinson and Stan ThomasMarch 21, 2024

Loy Norrix Takes on Europe this Summer

Photo by Rachel Wheat The Loy Norrix Travel Club advertises their wonderful trips through showcases like this one. They encourage every student to get involved in traveling.
    Photo by Rachel Wheat
    The Loy Norrix Travel Club advertises their wonderful trips through showcases like this one. They encourage every student to get involved in traveling.

The 2014 Travel Club takes flight June 23 and heads to Europe for an amazing trip touring multiple countries. Every year the travel club takes a trip out of the country and creates new memories. In the past years the Loy Norrix Travel club has gone to Costa Rica, China and many other places.
    “The travel club is such a nice way for us to experience travel, learn and have a good time,” said Maddie Olech.
    This summer the travel club visits three different cities all in one trip. Their first stop is Athens, Greece. This is an ancient city with wonderful history and architecture. They will tour many important sites and will learn how to cook original greek dishes.
    The club’s next stop is Rome, Italy. They will visit the major destinations such as the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel. Rome is a very important to the Catholic church and has much history throughout it.
    “I like how we get such a variety of places to see and visit,”  said Katie Srodes.
    Last but certainly not least, they will head to Paris, France where they will climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower, tour The Louvre, and visit the Palace of Versailles. They will be able to taste the culture of the French and see sites that they have never seen before.
    “I think I am most excited to go to Paris just because of all of the wonderful things I have heard about it” said Srodes.
    The Loy Norrix Travel club has many opportunities for students to experience in the future! In 2015 they plan to go to Costa Rica and Montreal Canada. By allowing highschoolers to go on these wonderful trips, they can experience new things and learn about new cultures and see the world in a different way.