Photo taken by Jonathan Moreau from Flickr
A Year in Review: NFL fans around Loy Norrix reflect on their favorite team’s season
Max Berlin, Assistant Sports Editor • February 26, 2024

For many Norrix students, National Football League (NFL) Sundays are one of the most anticipated days of the week. Not many feelings can compare...

Henry Wilson and Michael McDonald discuss in refs position.  The wrestlers often talk through the movements while practicing.
Wrestling provides strength and discipline but demands dedication and hard work
Alexander Velo, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Out of all the after school activities Loy Norrix students can participate in, wrestling is one of the most time-and energy-consuming. After...

Knights of the Round Table Podcast #2
Knights of the Round Table Podcast #2
Flora Harper, News & Opinion Editor • February 23, 2024

Gull Lake Defeats LN Women's Soccer 1-0

--LNvGullLake05.04.15 (43 of 47)
Senior Lauren Dougherty saves an attempted shot from a Gull Lake player while freshman Catie Stamper and sophomore Ava Woods try to stop runners from trying to get an easy goal. Photo Credit / Deanne Puca

On Monday, May 4, the Loy Norrix women’s soccer team took on number-two ranked Gull Lake on Gull Lake’s home turf. The Knights played a long and tough game. With minimal subs on the bench, the ladies kept the Blue Devils to one goal in the second half.
Early in the first half, junior Megan Zabik had a wide open shot that she nearly made, except that it went wide to the right of the goal. With seven shots on goal and numerous free kicks, the Knights could not convert.
The Blue Devil’s goal came in the second half from junior Amanda Tavletic. The goal came from a shot within the eighteen yard box. She calmly put the ball into the back of the net.
Goalkeeper Lauren Dougherty, senior, kept the Knights in the game. She saved numerous attempts from the Gull Lake offense. She and the Knights’ defense worked hard to keep the score down and the team motivated for all 80 minutes of the game.