Everything right and wrong with the SAT
Everything right and wrong with the SAT
Alexander Houslander and Aidan Zajac May 1, 2024

Tower Talk: Should there be an American flag in every public school classroom and should students be compelled to say the Pledge of Allegiance?

Junior Kaitlyn Albertson learns how to write light cues for a song of her choice. Albertson chooses which lights she wants to turn on at what time.
The technical theater club is open to newcomers
Olivia Nitz, Staff Writer • April 29, 2024

When watching a production, we tend to focus on the actors onstage. We don't usually consider who is shining the spotlight on the main character...

Take a Look Into Our Orchestra Program

There are many hidden gems at Loy Norrix that aren’t public knowledge among the student body. The orchestra is a talented group of students who play instruments like the cello, violin, viola, and bass among others.
Currently there are 42 members in the Loy Norrix orchestra.
“We focus on postures and positions so that skills that we work on become easier with repetition. How the bow is held, for example, everything from simply drawing the bow to playing quality sounding accents, become more difficult at the start, with improper bow holds,” said teacher Sandra Shaw who has taught at Loy Norrix for the past 6 years. “After that, the emphasis on producing a beautiful tone that will make others want to listen is our primary focus.”
The group frequently travels to compete at festivals to display their talents before judges where they consistently receive top marks. One example is the Michigan State Band and Orchestra Association’s District 11 Orchestra Festival. The Loy Norrix orchestra received a rating of 1, the best you can get, for three years running.

View Comments (1)