Knights of the Round Table Podcast #3: Musician
Daniel Ewing, Carter Pickett, Alexander Velo, and Finn Bankston April 26, 2024

Team manager Fletcher gives the signal to start the dives from the diving board and gives tips to the divers.  Sometimes he holds a bar for the swimmers to dive over.
High number of underclassmen show promise after a successful season for the men's swim and dive team
Flora Harper and Alexander Velo April 25, 2024

The 2023-24 men's swim team is a great example of what teamwork and determination can create. Although more than half the team members were...

Personal finance teacher Dyami Hernandez helps his second hour class choose classes for next year. Before selecting what classes they want, students have to check what credits they have first.
Students want new, more relevant classes
Lexi Tuley, Graphics Editor • April 24, 2024

It’s Monday morning. You’re sitting in your first hour on the brink of falling asleep. The teacher is droning on about geometry, and you...

Key Club announces an increase in membership

Key Club members pose for a group photo. Many members of the club participate in group activities outside of school.

The Loy Norrix chapter of Key Club proudly announces the members for the 2023-2024 school year now that the period for accepting new members has ended.  

Key Club is a student-led organization that prides itself on providing students with community service opportunities. All that is required to become a member is that students attend bi-monthly meetings which are held after school in Alison Nelson’s room. Nelson has been the Key Club advisor for six years and participated in the club while in high school.

This year, the Loy Norrix Chapter has 59 members, which is a significant increase from the 36 members who participated last year. Now that the members for the year have been established, the club can begin setting goals as a group.

“This year, I hope to maintain above 40 members, and for at least 30 of them to reach the goal of 50 hours of community service by the end of the year,” said senior President Micah Johnson. 

Johnson encourages students to volunteer within the community, even if they aren’t members of Key Club. 

“Get involved in community service more, even if it’s not required by a club,” said Johnson.  “It’s a lot easier to get involved than you might think.”