Henry Wilson and Michael McDonald discuss in refs position.  The wrestlers often talk through the movements while practicing.
Wrestling provides strength and discipline but demands dedication and hard work
Alexander Velo, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Out of all the after school activities Loy Norrix students can participate in, wrestling is one of the most time-and energy-consuming. After...

Knights of the Round Table Podcast #2
Knights of the Round Table Podcast #2
Flora Harper, News & Opinion Editor • February 23, 2024

Senses of the Earth
Senses of the Earth
Jordan Pritchett, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Key Club announces an increase in membership

Key Club members pose for a group photo. Many members of the club participate in group activities outside of school.

The Loy Norrix chapter of Key Club proudly announces the members for the 2023-2024 school year now that the period for accepting new members has ended.  

Key Club is a student-led organization that prides itself on providing students with community service opportunities. All that is required to become a member is that students attend bi-monthly meetings which are held after school in Alison Nelson’s room. Nelson has been the Key Club advisor for six years and participated in the club while in high school.

This year, the Loy Norrix Chapter has 59 members, which is a significant increase from the 36 members who participated last year. Now that the members for the year have been established, the club can begin setting goals as a group.

“This year, I hope to maintain above 40 members, and for at least 30 of them to reach the goal of 50 hours of community service by the end of the year,” said senior President Micah Johnson. 

Johnson encourages students to volunteer within the community, even if they aren’t members of Key Club. 

“Get involved in community service more, even if it’s not required by a club,” said Johnson.  “It’s a lot easier to get involved than you might think.”