As students walk the halls on their way to their classes, theyre reminded that there are staff who are safe to tell. If they are experiencing abuse, harassment, mental health declines or other struggles, they can reach out to the teachers who have these teal ribbons displayed in their classrooms.
If you’re being harassed, look around for the Safe2Tell stickers
Grace Lovely, Guest Writer • June 8, 2024

You were sitting in class, getting ready for the test that you were about to take. You felt something on your arm, but you brushed it off. It...

Its the last week of school, and Saul Quintero and Anderson Flores Aguilar are glad. Together, they study for their final exam in English so that they can finish it on time.
Foreign exchange students experience fewer school restrictions in the United States
Ashley Lopez, Guest Writer • June 8, 2024

Imagine stepping into another country where the cultural tradition, education system and even daily life are different from what you were used...

From helpful to harmful: AI’s interference in the classroom
Alexander Velo and Finn Bankston June 8, 2024

Since the dawn of technology, the concept of Artificial Intelligence (AI) has intrigued the technology and science community. It started with...

Four years after the pandemic, students mask up for the “masquerade” prom

Glaring disco lights, a full dance floor, beautiful gowns and masks contributed to the fun students had at Loy Norrix’s 2024 prom. With a masquerade theme, everyone was given the opportunity to mix and match their outfits to unique masks of all sorts. Students spent a long time preparing for this year’s prom season, with many spending lots of money on clothes, accessories, and glam. 

“It was really interesting to see everybody else bring out their creativity because some of them actually made their own masks. Some of them were really pretty,” said sophomore Evelyn Ramirez-Hernandez. “Also the dresses: they were really sparkly and long.”

Everybody looked breathtaking in their gorgeous gowns and neat tuxedos, dancing on the dance floor and chatting with their friends. Students helped themselves to numerous options of food and beverages, while also taking time to capture some photos of the event. 

“I am having a great time. This is my first prom and I’m loving it!” said junior Hannah Boothby at the event.

Boothby was fond of seeing so many people she knew outside of school in their exquisite masks and formal wear. Her very first prom was immensely enjoyable. She was one of many people that had a memorable night, and crowds of students look forward to next year’s prom season. Though the few hours that were spent at prom went by fast, the memories made will last a lifetime.