‘Korpsve’ uses technology to break the music mold
Rosie Hill, Feature Editor • March 1, 2024

Upon first glance at senior Dalea Campbell, her bold makeup, unconventional outfits, and spiky accessories would make you think he’s an interesting...

French translator, Marie Marcoux is helping to facilitate the conversation between Knight Life reporters and Gabonese journalists. The conversation was on environmental writing.
Journalists from Gabon meet with Knight Life reporters for a cultural and educational exchange
Sophia Ciokajlo, Photo Editor • February 29, 2024

Gabon is an African country that is located on the west coast of the Atlantic Ocean. The official language of Gabon is French, as the country...

Starting before winter break, the K-wing mens bathroom has been locked, reported as vandalized and in need of repairs.
Lack of supplies and vandalism plague school bathrooms, leaving students frustrated without solutions
Krystiana Bernstein and Carter Pickett February 29, 2024

For Loy Norrix students, it’s no surprise when attempting to use the restroom to find the closest one covered in messes, locked, or vandalized....

Students at Loy Norrix Strive for Greatness in this Year’s Musical

Talk has filled the halls of Loy Norrix high school about this year’s spring musical, “Sweeney Todd”. “Sweeney Todd” is a story about a barber who returns to London in the 19th century after being banished by the evil Judge. Sweeney Todd seeks revenge against the judge who abducted his wife and daughter, Johanna 15 years ago.

Todd teams up with Mrs. Lovett, a crazy lonely woman who owns a meat pie shop and together they open a barbershop. One bloody shave after another, Todd gets closer and closer to his nemesis.

“Sweeney Todd” is a very challenging musical. The music stretches the singers’ range’s drastically. Joe Santamaria’s talent is truly tested with the lead role as Sweeney Todd.

Santamaria said, “Sondheim’s music is nearly impossible to count. The role is ridiculously multidimensional and challenging especially for a sixteen year old.”

Excellent acting is also a necessity when trying to tackle the genius works of Stephen Sondheim.

“We feel that we have a great deal of talent, and we wanted to showcase the talent of students by doing a challenging show. ‘Sweeney’ is that show,” said Rob Bradford, producer of Sweeney Todd and English teacher at Loy Norrix High School.

The students are currently facing the challenges of straining their vocal chords while putting on an unforgettable performance.

“’Sweeney Todd’ is a very challenging show musically,” continued sophomore Hannah Muscara who is part of the select ensemble group. “The show is very character oriented and intense.”

Opening night for “Sweeney Todd” is February 15th at 7:30 p,m. followed by February 16, 21, 22, 23 at 7:30 p.m. and February 17 at 2:30 p.m.  The student night is Thursday, February 21 where tickets are half off if you have your student ID. Tickets are originally $10 for students and $12 for adults. Tickets can be purchased from cast and crew members.