The Western Michigan University Dalton Center is being used for the Gilmore Piano Festival. Andentees shuffle around to find their seats before the show.
Performing on the ‘world's stage,’ the 2024 Gilmore Piano Festival is looking sharp with over 100 musical events
Isabella Figueroa, Chief Copy Editor • May 8, 2024

With over 100 musical events in a 19-day timeline, this festival seems like something you'd run into on your trip to Paris, but nope! It's right...

Knights Speak: Spring/Winter Fashion
Knights Speak: Spring/Winter Fashion
Nia Moncrief, Flora Harper, Carter Pickett, and Sophia Wrzesinski May 8, 2024

Kirsten Dunst (left) and Cailee Spaeny (right) are pictured during an intense scene in “Civil War”. Spaeny’s character, Jessie, is introduced to the front lines of the war for the first time and must overcome her fear to document the violence. 
Photo courtesy of Murray Close in Civil War.
Alex Garland’s “Civil War” is a striking reflection of American politics and a tribute to the influence of wartime journalism
Lucy Langerveld, Staff Writer • May 7, 2024

“What kind of American are you?” asks a camouflage-clad militant, brandishing an automatic rifle and standing above a mass grave of civilian...

New Guidance Counselor Quickly Welcomed

Pam Robinson is cool, calm, and collected. She is respectful and kind to everyone she's met at the school. Photo Credit: Jonathan Lo
Pam Robinson is cool, calm, and collected. She is respectful and kind to everyone she meets at the school. Photo Credit: Jonathan Lo

An unfamiliar figure sat in a comfortable swivel chair, her desk a bit disorganized and loaded with student schedules and requests. Pam Robinson is the new Loy Norrix High School counselor. She is outgoing, competitive, and has a humble mannerism and posture.
The students with last names from A-Eh have Robinson who now replaces, former LNHS counselor, Alicia Curry. Robinson’s daily routine consists of conversing with students about grades and academic schedules as well as giving advice on classes and future post-secondary schooling plans.
Robinson has at least 20 years of experience in the education field and many positions under her belt ranging from being a teacher to an assistant principal. Her former position was at Battle Creek Central High school as a counselor then she recently moved to Kalamazoo. Because Robinson’s daughter is in the Kalamazoo school system she decided to work at LNHS.
“I believe the place I live is the place I should work at,” said Robinson.
Robinson has a deep and profound support for student passions and seems to respond well to the idea of students petitioning for things they deem necessary. She also considers counselors a strong pinnacle to a student’s high school career meaning that counselors are one of the most important figures to a student’s high school success.
Robinson said that If you don’t have a positive relationship with a student the mutual respect and trust isn’t there and then gaining a relationship will allow a student to come to you for assistance whether a personal problem or an academic issue.
According to Robinson, this relationship allows one to be fully in tune with another person’s wants and needs.
“I would say I have a positive relationship with Mrs.Robinson which allowed us to finish our business quickly and easily,” said senior Mariah Brown.
Robinson as a new counselor to Loy Norrix will be another useful resource for students to depend on.